RSS Feed

Weddings, ER visits and Night-time Games

A good friend of mine got married yesterday. Congrats to her and her husband! She looked so beautiful in her mermaid dress. I went back and forth for a while on if I should wear a maternity dress or the dress I have from before that still zipped. I hated feeling and looking frumpy just because I am pregnant, so I did decide to wear the other dress. The only thing I wish is that it had been a little longer, it was really hard to chase my baby boy while wearing. Without the belly it’s perfectly fine, but not with. :0) It was nice to be around other grown ups, but I’m thinking that next time we will find a sitter for one little boy. I do miss interacting with grown ups without a little boy’s help.

The wedding was on a golf course so it was a little hard on the legs. They had carts ready to shuttle people back and forth with was amazing. I don’t think I could have lasted if they hadn’t. During the ceremony little man was so good until they turned off the music. Then he says really loud “Uh Oh” and started crying. It was funny and embarrassing at the same time. Hubby was amazing about playing with Blue Eyes. They caught a lizard and thought it would be a great thing to show mommy. Unfortunately mommy was at the table and the lizard escaped underneath the table and started to crawl up one of the guests legs. It was hysterically funny, but thankfully it was re-caught very quickly.

Some time down the road poor little blue eyes was chasing his new found friend and took a tumble. After the tumble he would put weight on his foot and collapse. Daddy and I both checked his foot out and he didn’t flinch when we touched it, but something was obviously not right. I felt bad, but we had to hold him for the rest of the little bit we stayed at the wedding. To make it even worse we decided to take him in and even with him screaming bloody murder, they decided to take almost 40 minutes. Thankfully the Doc we really like was on duty and once he got taken back he was seen very quickly. They took some x-rays and for now it looks like it’s just sprained. They said they would have the x-ray tech take a look when they came back in on Monday. My poor little Blue Eyes has bruises all over his foot. It was close to two am by the time we left for home.

Thankfully Blue Eyes slept in today because of it. I think for the first time in his life, he slept till almost 10am. We got a call from his God mama asking if we’d like to see a movie, so Blue Eyes and I scrambled to get dressed and left. He loved the magic scenes of the movie, but the rest of the time he just wanted to run. Thankfully the theater was not very packed and we had about two rows of no people. It was nice just to be out of the house. Little man was ready for a nap when we got back so I got some more time to relax. The rest of the day we played all kinds of games and Blue Eyes found his blankie.

At bedtime he was super ready to go to sleep. He’s gotten to where he’ll lead you to his bed, but sometimes he just doesn’t want to sleep. He took his bottle and went down easily. But I didn’t think to take our older two pups out of the room. I figured they would be happy just to sleep. Sure enough about twenty minutes later, I hear giggling and puppies running about. I cracked the door to see two happy puppies running in circles and one giggling baby chasing them. I put Blue Eyes back to sleep and made the pups leave the room, but I failed to notice Bear had snuck into the room. Again about ten minutes later I hear Blue Eyes and this time Bear is howling over and over. I cracked open the door to find a completely naked Blue Eyes thinking mommy is going to let him get back up. I see Bear sneak out and so I took a minute to re-diaper little man and look for the missing one. Bear loves to hide under the bed, so pushing it out, I see a shredded diaper. I picked up what I could and stuck Bear in his kennel. Blue Eyes cried when I put him back to sleep, but it was now close to 930, way to late for little boys to be up. Tomorrow Daddy is going to have to help me pull out the bed all the way so we can vacuum and carpet clean where the diaper was. Well, now we know, bedtime comes and we must do a through check for puppies before we put Blue Eyes to sleep.

About Military Bride

Military Bride is my view of the world from a veteran, spouse, and mommy perspective. I’m sure it’s going to be a bumpy ride, but I don’t mind sharing triumphs and tears with you. I joined the Military at the age of 21, and met my husband not to long after. We’ve been married a little over 3 years, and have a beautiful baby boy. My life has already gone through drastic changes, from getting out of the military, to becoming a mommy and going back to school. I look forward to sharing my experiences with you.

Stop by and chat a while

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: